Has it been months, years or decades since you have been to the Catholic Church? Why did you leave?
- If you just neglected to attend Church, you can come back once you go to Confession. That’s all it takes.
- If you have sinned and don’t think Jesus can forgive you, no matter what you have done, all you have to do is go to Confession and ask for His mercy and forgiveness. He will forgive your sins even if you find it hard to forgive yourself. Go to Confession/Reconciliation. Be reunited with Jesus.
- If you disagree with something that the Church teaches, go to the RCIA classes through the Church or just ask a priest at any Catholic Church. They can explain it easily and make you feel more comfortable to go forward.
- If you are just bored with Mass, then I encourage you to research the true meaning of the Mass. Usually the real reason for boredom of the Mass is a misunderstanding of it.
- If you have a difficulty with your relationship with God or Jesus, know that He longs for you. Look to God as your Father and understand His role in your life as loving you more than anyone else. Look at the Crucifix to learn how much He loves you that He would offer His only Son for you. Learn more about the Eucharist. This will help with understanding love.
- If you got married outside of the Church or if you are in need of an annulment, then I urge you to go to the Church and inquire about the annulment process or the process for getting your marriage blessed so that you are in communion with the Church.
- If you are missing one of your sacraments, go to the nearest Catholic Church and get signed up for RCIA classes. These will help you complete the process. You would get all sacraments together usually, after the classes are completed. This is an easy process.
- If someone hurt or offended you in the Church, I apologize to you for the hurt they have caused. Please don’t hold their actions against the Church. The Catholic Church is the “hospital for sinners” and sometimes people don’t understand how their actions can hurt others. Please find it in your heart to forgive them and come back to the Church.
- Whatever the reason for being away from the Catholic Church, there is help within the Church to resolve the difficulty. You will find forgiveness and mercy in the Church.
Please come back to the Church. We miss you and we love you but even more important…Jesus misses you in the Eucharist. Come home.
Please check out this website and learn how to come into or come back to the Catholic Church. http://www.catholicscomehome.org/