The Most Blessed Virgin Mary, Our Mother.
The Virgin Mary and the Rosary will point the way to Her Son, Jesus, and help you to have a closer relationship with Him. It’s never about Mary; it’s always about Jesus. This is not worshipping the Virgin Mary. Jesus honors His Mother and so should we. Jesus answers Mary’s requests for us…after all how do you say no to your Mom.
Click on the link below to access a website that you can download an app that helps you say the rosary. Click on the word “Download” on that page then choose your format and download the program. It’s nice to use when your using your computer for work. This is also great if you are just learning how to say the Rosary.
The Rosary is a very peaceful, meditative prayer that brings you closer to Jesus and helps you to understand the lessons of virtue better and understand what Jesus went through. It is also very scriptural. There is a Scriptural Rosary also if you would rather focus on that. You can find that at a Catholic Bookstore or online. This is such a powerful prayer that keeps Satan away and the Blessed Virgin Mary asked during her apparitions at Fatima, Portugal in 1917, that we pray this prayer everyday for peace for the world and to make reparation for all the sins for which God is very much offended in the world.
Where to find one? You can find one at a Catholic religious store, online or go to any Catholic Church and ask for one.
Prayers used in the Rosary
Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
The Apostles Prayer
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
The Our Father
Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
The Glory Be
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
The Fatima Prayer
O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.
Hail Holy Queen
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our Life, our Sweetness, and our hope. To thee we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then most gracious advocate, Thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us, the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us O Holy Mother of God, That we may be worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.
How to say the Rosary
- Make the Sign of the Cross with the Cross in your hand.
- Say the Apostles Creed on the Cross
- Say the Our Father on the next big bead
- Say the Hail Mary on each of the next three beads for an increase in Faith, Hope and Love.
- Say the Glory Be on the big bead.
- While on the big bead, state the first mystery then say the Our Father.
- While meditating on that mystery, say 10 Hail Mary’s on the next 10 beads.
- On the big bead, say a Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer
- While still on the big bead, state the next mystery and say an Our Father.
- Repeat steps 6-9 stating the next of five mysteries.
- When you get to the end of the last mystery, skip step 9 and say Hail Holy Queen
- Say “Pray for us Oh Holy Mother of God that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.”
- Make the Sign of the Cross again.
- You can also pray for the Pope at this point if you wish by saying an Our Father, a Hail Mary and a Glory Be.
Joyful Mystery of the Rosary
Monday & Saturday
The Annunciation of the Lord to Mary
The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
The Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ
The Presentation of our Lord
Finding Jesus in the Temple at age 12
Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary
Tuesday & Friday
The Agony of Jesus in the Garden
The Scourging at the Pillar
Jesus is Crowned with Thorns
Jesus Carried the Cross
The Crucifixion of our Lord
Glorious Mystery of the Rosary
Wednesday & Sunday
The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
The Ascension of Jesus to Heaven
The Descent of the Holy Ghost
The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth
Luminous Mystery of the Rosary
The Baptism in the Jordan
The Wedding at Cana
The Proclamation of the Kingdom
The Institution of the Eucharist
The Fifteen Promises of Mary to Christians Who Recite the Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
- The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommend itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
- The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the rosary are my son, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan) Imprimatur: Patrick J. Hayes DD Archbishop of New York)
WHY the Daily Rosary? (credited to Catholic Online)
Our Lady has 117 titles. She selected this title at Fatima: “I am the Lady of the Rosary.”
St. Francis de Sales said the greatest method of praying IS- Pray the Rosary.
St. Thomas Aquinas preached 40 straight days in Rome Italy on just the Hail Mary.
St. John Vianney, patron of priest, was seldom seen without a rosary in his hand.
“The rosary is the scourge of the devil” — Pope Adrian VI
“The rosary is a treasure of graces” — Pope Paul V
Padre Pio the stigmatic priest said: “The Rosary is THE WEAPON”
Pope Leo XIII wrote 9 encyclicals on the rosary.
Pope John XXIII spoke 38 times about our Lady and the Rosary. he prayed 15 decades daily.
St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort wrote: “The rosary is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, who so loves His Mother.”
MARY, QUEEN OF THE HOLY ANGELS — PRAY FOR US!
“Jesus, Mary, I Love You, Save Souls”
J.M.J. = JESUS, MARY, JOSEPH – the Holy Family……